Has anyone been successful claiming ESA with anxiety/agoraphobia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone been successful claiming ESA with anxiety/agoraphobia

Ashleyb1
Ashleyb1 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
I had my health assessment just waiting for the decision, all these forums I've been on, no one has said they've actually got ESA with anxiety, I am agoraphobic so my only option is the support group if I dont get that then I guess I'm going to get sanctioned alot, was just wondering if theres anyone that is on ESA with anxiety.

Comments

• stoneisland
    stoneisland Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Yes you can...!! 
    I have my self. (But moves to universal credit now) 
    also just been rewarded pip ..
  • stoneisland
    My advice gather as much medical evidence as possible to avoid set backs !! 
  • Ashleyb1
    What group did they put you in?

• stoneisland
    Support group... 

• Ashleyb1
    I gave them all my medical history and medication I'm on for the past 2 years I have my GP basicslly confirming what I'm saying and other people and so fourth, did you have any issues before being accepted like having to appeal and stuff or was it pretty straight forward
  • stoneisland
    I don’t no how the Esa system works now as I was in the group for 5years I had f2f meeting but at home...
    also try not to let other people story’s get the better of your aggg, it may be worth giving them a call to see if they have came to a decision.. 
    no body these days no’s what there going to produce at the end of these assements as you here so many story’s !! 
    But yes you can applie for Esa with your condition and also pip please keep us updated 
  • Ashleyb1
    Yeah I had my health assessment just over a week ago at home but everything is changing with ESA and uc it's all just muddled up and yes I will come back to here and let you know what they say and yes I've applied for pip just waiting for the form to fill out

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.