Looking for guidance transferring from ESA support group to state pension and pension credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Looking for guidance transferring from ESA support group to state pension and pension credit

PatWest Member Posts: 1 Listener
Just joined and I am about to transfer from ESA support group to state pension and pension credit. I get enhanced PIP and need guidance through a very confusing time xxx


  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @PatWest

    Welcome to the community. I can understand why this may feel like a confusing time. However, we have lovely members who will be happy to support you.

    Please do let us know if you have any questions. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PatWest

    Welcome it’s great to meet you this morning.

    We have got some info & advice on the Benefit System.

    I am one of a number of “Community Champion’s”

    We are all here to help & assist any new members.

    Please please let me know if you want me to help you work through things????

  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering

    Hi @PatWest The DWP have a visiting team who may be able to come to see you at home and help you with this change over process.  If you contact the Pension Service on 0800 731 0469 they should be able to advise you further.  As you probably already know, you have to actually claim both a state pension and pension credit. Your PIP should be unaffected.  If you did not want to contact the Pension Service, you should be able to get help with these claims from a local advice centre.  If you are not sure where one is close to you, you could contact your local council and ask for information about local advice centres or search via your postcode here: http://www.adviceuk.org.uk/looking-for-advice/find-advice/


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.