Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Looking for guidance transferring from ESA support group to state pension and pension credit

PatWestPatWest Member Posts: 1 Listener
Just joined and I am about to transfer from ESA support group to state pension and pension credit. I get enhanced PIP and need guidance through a very confusing time xxx

Replies

• Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Member Posts: 1,783 Pioneering
    Hi @PatWest

Welcome to the community. I can understand why this may feel like a confusing time. However, we have lovely members who will be happy to support you.

Please do let us know if you have any questions. :)
  • steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PatWest

Welcome it’s great to meet you this morning.

We have got some info & advice on the Benefit System.

I am one of a number of “Community Champion’s”

We are all here to help & assist any new members.

Please please let me know if you want me to help you work through things????

@steve51
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

Hi @PatWest The DWP have a visiting team who may be able to come to see you at home and help you with this change over process.  If you contact the Pension Service on 0800 731 0469 they should be able to advise you further.  As you probably already know, you have to actually claim both a state pension and pension credit. Your PIP should be unaffected.  If you did not want to contact the Pension Service, you should be able to get help with these claims from a local advice centre.  If you are not sure where one is close to you, you could contact your local council and ask for information about local advice centres or search via your postcode here: http://www.adviceuk.org.uk/looking-for-advice/find-advice/

Sarah

The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.