DWP PRIVACY — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP PRIVACY

charlie79
charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
Does anyone know if its true that when you call DWP they have voice recognition. Which detects if its you thats calling or somebody else?

Comments

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Never spoken to them but from what I've heard I'll try Donald Duck if I do 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    To be honest @charlie79 I woulden't put anything past the DWP, but I must admit I've not heard of this happening, but I woulden't put anything past them.

I can speak in many voices myself, I was a voiceover artist years back and I've never had any issues with the DWP.

Try not to worry if they do as you woulden't have anything to hide anyway, I record all my calls to them myself.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    no i read it on internet not worried just curious
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Hi hope not as I’ve got flu and sore throat just now x
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Worry, worry not, as long as you pass the security checks by confimimg all your details I see NO problem even if you've got a cold. Ive spoke many languages to them and never had any problems.

Its amazing how many worry, all you've gotta remember just give them the correct details and you will be fine.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I think what you've read is not correct. DWP don't have voice recognition, if they did there would be no need to go through security checks with them. I rang them yesterday and the security checks still exist.

HMRC have voice recognition and no security checks are needed when ringing them, if you have have this set up on your account. I do, which i the reason i know it exists.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    There is no voice recognition used by any company that’s why you are aske so many security questions when you call DWP, BANKS, Insurance companies DVLA and do on even to log on to this site you have to log in, thanks to the software on our devices we don’t have to enter them or remember them every time we log in.
  • poppy123456
    wilko said:
    There is no voice recognition used by any company that’s why you are aske so many security questions when you call DWP, BANKS, Insurance companies DVLA and do on even to log on to this site you have to log in, thanks to the software on our devices we don’t have to enter them or remember them every time we log in.
    With the exception of HMRC because i have voice recognition set up with them. I don't need to go through security when i ring them. This has been set up with them for almost 2 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wilko
    That’s great poppy but what happens when you have a cold or cough and need to contact them the same goes with fingerprint reconnition on phones it you hav a cut or family member doesn’t know your pass code the phone is useless to anyone till you get professional help.
  • poppy123456
    It can obviously detect that you have a cold because the voice recognition goes deeper than you think. When it was set up almost 2 years ago i had to speak the same word several times, not just once. Having a cold doesn't change your voice to the extent that it will think you're a completely different person. Someone elses voice would be totally different to yours.
  • wilko
    That’s reassuring poppy that will put a lot of people’s minds at ease.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.