Payment stopped after ESA50 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment stopped after ESA50

jaybrody
jaybrody Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I have been in the support group( contribution one) for a while now. I received an  assessment form that they needed to review my health . I  was expecting to either go for an face to face assessment or worst scenario to be put in group in working capability one. I personally and medically not fit for work due to severe neuropathic pain. Has any of this happened to you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If your payments have stopped and you haven't been for a face to face assessment, it can only be for 2 reasons.

Either you didn't return the form by the date stated on the letter and you've been found fit for work for failing to return the form, there's no extension of time to return the ESA50 form. Or you failed to attend a face to face assessment and you've been found fit for work for failing to attend.

You can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment if those 2 reasons above didn't apply to you. Contributions based in the Support Group is paid for as long as you remain in the group. Contributions based in WRAG is paid for 365 days.

The only way you'll find out is to ring ESA when they open at 8am this morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jaybrody
    Thank you, I will ring them. I definitely return the form on time and send it as recorded mail next day delivery. I tracked it down and have evidence it was signed for and have a name of person signed for and time they signed for. I didn't receive any letter to invite me for face to face. I don't get so many letters as I am paperless when it comes to my bills and bank statements. Letters are very rare so I definitely know that no letters came.
  • poppy123456
    Sending letters signed for the DWP doesn't mean they have arrived, it just means it's been signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office. They're not classed as arriving until it's been scanned onto a computer. This why signed for delivery to DWP is a waste of money. Ring them and see what they say, if you need further advice please do come back. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jaybrody
    I have called they apparently they stopped payment because they were meant to call me this morning to advice me I was due for extra payment so they wanted to confirm and add that up together. They going to reinstate the payment promptly yoday
  • poppy123456
    Glad you got it sorted.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.