inheritance from abroad — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

inheritance from abroad

i am getting ESA supporting group,i have sister like my second mum and she wants to leave her inheritance to me, she has house and i believe some in the bank abroad, she is asking me to be quick in case if something happen her ,the other sisters and brothers will have some from her inheritance which she does not want at all,
my question,if i bring that money here,i have 2 kids 6 and 10, i want to buy a house for them,bt people telling lots of things and making me so worry and i have  no idea what to do,
because she is telling me to hurry,i must act quickly,i have 2 kids and they have nothing,so i really want to buy a house for them,
who can help me, i am thinking to Inland revenue but i have no idea and i have to many problems now, in the family,and i am just trying to survive daily because of my 2 beautiful kids, otherwise i will give up everything now, but i must fight with things because of my kids, they don't have anybody and they need their daddy and mummy,
so last think i want trouble from Inland Revenue and HMR or other depts,that will make  me finished but time is running and i must do something for my kids, you wont get chance for life time,
please is anybody can help me whats is the right things to do,
god bless you
thank you for yr time


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Get some advice from a professional financial advisor, you could have the inheritance given gifted from your relation to your children not through yourself and the children don’t, can’t acess it till they are at an agreed age , 18,21 35 ect placed in a trust fund all these things need someone who can advise you the best legal way to the inheritance money so that it  dose not contrive the UK TAX and Benefits laws rules and regulations.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.