Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Not having any freedom and independence
Hello I am 20 years old going to be 21 years old in April this year and I am feeling really angry with everyone saying unhelpful and negative things to me when I only want to be more independent and have more freedom as I am now a grown up and when I say that I only want to be more independent and do more things for myself because unfortunately nobody else is going to take care of me at all. I am really sick of the same situation and abuse still going on and I really want this to end now as I also only want to have more control and power over my own life, learn more life skills and do more things for myself like look after myself more and to get on with my life without anyone trying to control me or tell me what to do, put me down, say things like I am only young as this makes me even more in rage because I am only asking people to treat me how I should be treated. I just wish that everyone would finally listen to a lot of things that I say a bit more properly like to change and improve things for me and to treat me how I should be treated like every other individual and to not do or say certain things to me anymore.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.