Preparing food question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Preparing food question

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 22 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zinty, and a warm welcome to the community!

Hopefully our members will be able to offer their thoughts on this. Citizens Advice also have some great in-depth guidance on each of the form's sections which may also be worth a read.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    How do you currently manage @zinty ?
    It's always best to be honest about how your impairment affects you, I would describe the challenges you face around this specific issue, how you manage, how long it takes you, if you need to use certain equipment etc

Good luck :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    To score points for needing assistance you'll need to explain why assistance is needed and what could happen if you didn't have assistance, as you said you could accept assistance from another person then it's unlikely you'll score points for that.  It could come down to choice because your choosing to avoid that food. Choosing to avoid something is totally different to being unable to do it at all. You could possibly have a difficult time scoring any points in preparing food.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.