May have to give up work — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

May have to give up work

minniemoo Member Posts: 51 Courageous
hi I currently work 16 hrs ( I used to work full time until I became too ill) it’s getting to the point now where I’m realky struggling to cope with working due to my illness. I currently also claim WTC and I have just recently been awarded enhanced pip on both parts. I really have been doing my utmost best worked all my life from leaving school and my GP has now advised me with regards to working as it’s making me worse. Does anyone have any idea what I would be entitled to if I left work? I currently live with my partner we are both on min wage and he works less hrs to look after me he doesn’t claim caters allowance for me as I was told I would be worse off? I’ve never been out of work or claimed other benefits Thanks in advance min x 



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.