Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi. I am awaiting my new PIP tribunal date and have been going through all my paperwork. In particular, the discriptors that I feel I should get. In the Daily Living, Preparing food: B. I need to use an aid for opening, jars, bottles etc, as I have HNPP and have palsies in my hands. Also, E: I need assistance to Peel, cut up veg, to prepare a simple meal and to help me carry the pans to the hob.
What I wanted to know is, I told the assessor at my f2f that I cook a meal about 3 or 4 times a week and the other days I go to my daughters, or have a take away. Would I be awarded any points for that discriptor?
Thank you for any advice.
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 835 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 770 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.