In need of support — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

In need of support

picle123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi not sure what to do , im 46 and living at home with my parents who are in their 70s , i have osteo athritis ,lupus , reynauds ,depression , and anxiety , i feel like i realy need to a place  with some support can you help


  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @picle123
    Sorry if I’m stating the obvious but your first stop should be to see your GP to see if they can put you in touch with adult services in your area.They usually have access to information about the help that is available to you.
    As nobody knows what part of the country you are from it is difficult to be more specific as services are different in each county.
    You say you need support. You could try asking for an assisted living apartment,bearing in mind they are hard to come by.This would give you your independence but you would have access to help and advice when needed.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @picle123, and a warm welcome to the community! What kind of support are you looking for?

    I would second @debsidoo's suggestion of arranging an appointment with your GP, as they may be best placed to help. However, please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can. 
  • picle123
    picle123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Will do thank you


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.