Assessor didn't have my full medical evidence, can I appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Assessor didn't have my full medical evidence, can I appeal?

cf1 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My pip was stopped after the Assesment  but assessor didnt have my full medical record as my new doctor didn't receive my medical notes until after my assessment  can i appeal due to this ?? As ive claimed pip for 3 yrs prior to this and my conditions haven't changed any advice please 


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cf1 Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

    In response to your question. If you got no points you can appeal.

    We have lots of information about appeals on our website.

    You could contact CAB for further information and advice on appeals. Have a look at their website as well.

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • cf1
    cf1 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou  i only moved from Scotland in August but notes wernt sent/recieved  till January so my gp had no info to send also when i rang dwp to ask why money had stopped  the checked computer and hadn't even issued me with a letter even though desicion was made a week prior to my call!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cf1, and a warm welcome to the community!

    I'm sorry to hear about your experience, that must have been tough. Hopefully some of our experienced members will be in touch and able to offer you some advice with this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,416 Disability Gamechanger

    Any decision can be appealed by first asking for the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) then Tribunal if the MR fails. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR, if the decision was made after this then you'll need to put your reasons why you're late requesting it. You do infact have 13 months to request the MR/Tribunal from the date the decision was made, providing you have good reason.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    Please remember how PIP works. It assesses you based on some narrow descriptors and not a diagnosis or treatment provided.
    Medical records are unlikely to prove that these descriptors apply to you.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.