Mental health issues
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Looking for a real form to express myself my feelings fears and anxiety

LawmcLawmc Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2019 in Mental health issues
Looking for a real form to express myself  my feelings fears and anxiety. Living in Northern Ireland  married 5 children a CPN And a Psyc Doctor I'm doing well...... But am I


  • Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @Lawmc

    Welcome to the community. How are you doing today?

    Thank you for sharing this with us. What do you think is triggering your fears and anxiety, if you don't mind me asking? You may find posting in our mental health discussions page useful, where our members can support you. 
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Lawmc :)
    Senior online community officer
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Lawmc   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

    I have mental health issues my self. Always glad to listen be supportive.

    How can I help?

    Please take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    There are different forms of talking therapies that might help? Here is some information from the NHS

    There are lots of different types of talking therapy, but they all involve working with a trained therapist.

    This may be one-to-one, in a group, over the phone, with your family, or with your partner.

    The therapist helps you find answers to the problems you're having.

    For some problems and conditions, one type of talking therapy may be better than another.

    Different talking therapies also suit different people.

    Talking therapies on the NHS

    You can get talking therapies like counselling for depression and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) on the NHS.

    You don't need a referral from your GP.

    You can refer yourself directly to a psychological therapies service.

    If you prefer, see your GP and they can refer you and share relevant information about you.

    Psychological therapies services are also known as Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services.

    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.