Setting up a non profit for mobile barbers and hairdressers, would this help anyone? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Setting up a non profit for mobile barbers and hairdressers, would this help anyone?

Options
hmmmum
hmmmum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in Autism and neurodiversity

I have 2 boys 4,5 with ASD. When I want my boys to have a nice haircut (better what I give) I take them to the local barber and its always difficult.

Do you think this is a good idea:

I am a Web Developer and I'm currently building a website that allows Barbers and Hairdressers to come to your house.

The website is non-profit and its geared to help people with disabilities/special needs look their best whether for their birthday or any special event.

Would this help anyone a part from me?

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @hmmmum

Thank you for sharing this with us.

This sounds like a good idea.
  • Beverley_Scope
    Beverley_Scope Scope Posts: 84 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @hmmmum

That is a fantastic idea.  I was a special needs teacher in Swansea, and there is a hair dresser there who works with lots of children with Autism.  Many of the parents at the school that I taught at booked him to cut their children's hair as he took time to get to know the child before doing anything else.

I think it is a much needed service.

Best of luck

Beverley
    Beverley Davies
    Parent Advisor
    Navigate

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.