Electric powered large WAV — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Electric powered large WAV

Options
SteveE
SteveE Community member Posts: 88 Pioneering
edited February 2019 in Transport and travel
Just looking ahead to the time when we will need to purchase a replacement vehicle. We currently have a diesel powered Peugeot Independence, a large vehicle with a rear loading ramp, and five seats. The replacement will need to match the price, size, loading and comfort.

We don't do high mileage (<5000 miles pa) but we do several, fully loaded, long journeys (between 200-450 miles each way) each year. We don't use Motability as it is too expensive (especially the deposit every five years) and too restrictive in usage. So we buy.

Everyone is saying the world needs to switch to electric powered vehicles but we can't find anything that fits our needs.

We'd be grateful for any pointers to what is available or what might be available. Thanks.

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi @SteveE  

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear you can't find one that fits your needs. Hopefully some of our members will be able to support you with this soon.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @SteveE

I think you would struggle to get an electric vehicle to match your needs.

Have you considered a hybrid, part electric, part petrol.

Looking at your long journeys you would need to charge an electric vehicle a number of times.

For what is worth I changed our car from two litre des to 1 litre petrol (two turbos fitted), fuel costs reduced and no loss of power.

The government has set 40 years to introduce all electric cars.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.