Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
What job can i do?
Ok where do I start... I have bowel incontinence due to surgery for a fistulotomy both internal and external sphincters were cut thus leaving me with no control over my bowels and nerve damage. I have been turned down for help, I can’t work, can’t leave the house (if I need to I starve myself for a couple of days before to reduce the risk of soiling myself), have no income so cannot afford to buy incontinence products so washing machine and tumble dryer are constantly on the go as I have ibs too. My husband is great and provides for me but I am a burden financially as we cannot even get a council tax rebate. I am desperate to earn some money and take the strain off my husband but what job could I possibly do? Is anyone in the same position as me and holds down a job? Thank you for reading
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 662 Work and employment
- 529 Education
- 972 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 928 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 590 Chronic pain and pain management
- 651 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 288 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.