Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
LaughingLolly - hi !
I'm not new to disability but had to start living in a wheelchair as a result of the disabilities I've been experiencing for over 25 years and so somehow that makes people notice I'm disabled though I feel less disabled as a result because it's overdue. I also used an electric wheelchair in my twenties but it was badly matched by the Motability advisor so I kept falling out. As of yet I don't have a diagnosis that I feel matches what I experience as a disabled person although I have a lot of diagnosis ' and I do mainly get th the help I need. I also have one disabled child and one awaiting assessment. They are both teens. Confident folk. I am married to a wonderful supportive and loving husband.
A laugh a day keeps the psychiatrist at bay.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.