Outward facing carrier for toddler for me to use with my electric wheelchair?

eastendantopodean
eastendantopodean Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2019 in Families and carers
toddler in a sheelchair, outwards facing carrier recommendations 

I am an electric dheelchair user with a two year old toddler, my wife currently straps him to me with a carrier so he faces towards me as he gets bigger he would prefer to face outwards can anyone recommend an outward facing carrier for kids 2-6 years?

many thanks Sam

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,122 Championing
    Hi @eastendantopodean

Welcome it’s great to meet you this evening.

Have you looked in “Argos” as they tend to have a good range at a good price?????

@steve51
  • eastendantopodean
    can you recommend  the specific model whichworked for your toddler and sheelchair?
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,764 Pioneering
    Hi @eastendantopodean welcome to the community.

Some of our members may be able to offer you some suggestions. @KellyParentAdvisor do have any recommendations, please?
  • eastendantopodean
    Thanks I just posted there
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,764 Pioneering
    Great! You're welcome @eastendantopodean ;)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,605 Championing
    @kellypeebz I think I have seen you recommending a carrier before? Can you help?
  • KME82
    KME82 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi.  Not sure if you have found anything but the charity Remap are able to make things to help people with disabilities manage where off the shelf adaptations aren't available. I know they've made similar things to help parents in wheelchairs before. Might be worth a look?
    If there is nothing available on the market, remap design and make custom pieces unique to each individual. Their service is completely free. 

Hope you get sorted x
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,865 Championing
    Hello @eastendantopodean

Did you get this sorted? There are organisations that can help-Remap is one of them. Alternatively this company might also be able to help https://www.completecareshop.co.uk