Assesment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesment

Susie55
Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
Every time I have had to send ESA form I have had to have a face to face assesment is this the case every time or do they sometime just assesment from the form.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    No most people have a face to face acessment very few paper based awards made.
  • Susie55
    Thanks for replying I guessed this was the case just hoping perhaps I was wrong only 3 months ago I was having a pip assessment no wonder my health is deteriating as this causes me so much stress and anxiety but there we are it's got to be done?
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    It has always been face to face for me as well. Although some people have been assessed in their homes.
  • Tarpuk4
    Tarpuk4 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    I've sent my form back last week and will have to have a Face to Face. All this is very stressful and has sent my pain levels through the roof as well as my anxiety amongst other things. 
    Hope you get the outcome you need xx
  • Susie55
    The last time I had to go to tribunal I just hope this time I will be successful without going to tribunal don't think I can do that again but I know I will have to if I fail assesment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.