ASSESSORS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ASSESSORS

Beckyboobella
Beckyboobella Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Prior to May 2018 I was getting enhanced PIP on both Care & Mobility due to my Physical and Mental Health. Then I receive a letter saying that u am no longer eligible for this benefit. Do they suddenly think your severe arthritis, COPD, Other physical and mental health has just suddenly gone away... They are complete JOKERS they made me that ill over the months completing form and sending in all diagnosis relevant hospital doctors psychologist report stating my Mental Health is High Disability that during this period last year I took 2 overdoses as my head couldn't cope anymore it just exploded!!!? Thank God I'm still here now to even begin to say the tip of the iceberg of what I went through.
Then on Friday just gone 8 Feb 2019 I received a letter from the the Tribunal stating that my case had been heard (earlier than was originally stated and received no notification which I wouldn't of been able to attend due to currently suffering with phemonia) The case was Upheld in my favour stating I should be awarded the advanced rate in both components from May 2018 to 14 Aug 218. Then on Saturday 9 Feb 21019 I receive a letter from PIP Mandatory Reconsideration for the 2nd new claim PIP asked me to submit whilst the 1st was waiting at the time to go to Court.  This 2nd New Claim states that from 15 Aug 2018 to Oct 2021 I am only entitled to the standars rate and nothing on mobility. ABSOLUTELY CRAZY. Do they think in the space of 1 day that i longer need the care I current receive and my physical disability has suddenly got better when clearly with Osteo Athritis & COPD is only going to deteriorate over time. So then the phone calls and the letters to response start all over again!!!!!
THE CAPITA ASSESSORS ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. HOW CAN ANYONE DETERMItNE WHAT YOU ARE LIKE ON THE MAJORITY OF DAYS FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS IN A 1 HOUR OF LESS ASSESSMENT MEETING!!!!! THEY TAKE US ALL FOR FOOLS AS THIS IS ALL DOWN TO GOVERNMENT TARGETS AND THEY ARE PICKING IN THE WEAKEST PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY. MYSELF AGE 51 YEARS WORKING ALL MY LIFE AND PAYING FULLY INTO THE SYSTEM TO GET TREATED THE WAY WE ARE. ALLOWING OURSELVES TO BE TREATED IN THIS WAY LIKE WE ARE NOTHING. 
WELL PERSONALLY I HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND CURRENTLY IN PROCESS OF MAKING COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE WHOLE PROCESS AND I AM GOING TO MY LOCAL MP TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO IN REGARDS TO THIS RIDICULOUS PROCESS THEY PUT US THROUGH!!! 
THERE IS NO POINT MOANING UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO COMPLAIN LIKE ME..
Thank you to anyone who reads all of my Ranting on about what a **** POINTLESS UNNECESSARY process we are made to endure... As if we don't have to deal with enough day to day of our lives...??????

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's extremely difficult to read your post because of the capitol letters used. When using capitols for text speak it's classed as shouting and would be much easier to read without using them.

Starting a new claim when waiting for a Tribunal isn't the best thing to do. This is because any new decision will overrule the Tribunal decision. Receiving the letter for the the MR decision the say after your Tribunal letters was just a coincidence, it doesn't mean your condition has changed within that 1 day. It takes several days at least to receive a letter from DWP but a letter from a Tribunal can arrive the day after it's posted. DWP would not have know the Tribunal decision before the decision was made on the MR.

I'd advise you to get further advice regarding this from an advice centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    There are two decisions. The one that the Tribunal made and the following one that was made as a result of a new claim being put in.

I can't believe that the claimant made a new PIP claim in August 2018 whilst waiting for a Tribunal hearing that took place in February 2019.

All that you can hope for I suppose is for the DWP to revise their later decision to match the one made by the Tribunal. On the other hand the DWP could very well say that they believe that the Tribunal decision was wrong and the DWP have now rectified it.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Two possible suggestions

1) Ring and ask for a call back from a case manager to discuss your concern
    2 ) Otherwise you will need to take the latest decision to tribunal again
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.