What is the difference between ESA and capability to work ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

What is the difference between ESA and capability to work ?

laucorfu
laucorfu Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I am new here and very confused about my benefits. I have been off work since May, I am trying to get sickness benefit of some kind. What is the difference between ESA and capability to work ? I have a for uc50 to fill in, but it is really confusing and most of the questions don't see to apply to me. I am off work for Depression, anxiety, ptsd and alcohol dependcy. I cannot seem to get a straight answer it has taken this long to get a form and even my work coach says there has been a glitch with my claim. Thank you

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.