Mandatory decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory decision

Options
Manblue
Manblue Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I thought after reading reviews for the past few weeks on pip mandatory decision I would let use know what just happened to me. Now I was on pip standard mobility and enhanced care, I lost my pip because of the assessor false report absolutely lied on everything and I was award 2 point on care nothing else.                                                         So I started my mandatory in December and sent more evidence to prove the assessor report, well this week use will be glad to know a new ruling has come in at dwp where anyone who has gone from high rate to low or know point has to be looked at different as this says something is wrong on assessment. This happened this week and from having no points I got enhanced mobility and standard care which am please with so people now with this new ruling which has come in it will help your cases it's disgusting what these assessor have and still are doing but now there is light at the end of the tunnel. (all the best of luck) 

Comments

• Tarpuk4
    Tarpuk4 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    These assessors should br brought to court, they are ruining people's lives including my own.
    I was always raised to tell the truth.
    Why have they been allowed to get away with this for so long.??
  • Manblue
    Options
    That why even tho in the end I got my decision am still making a complaint about the assessor, as it makes no sence going from what I was on to just 2 points then winning my mandatory, they should hang there heads in shame
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Manblue

Thank you for updating us. Well done for pushing through for what you deserve. Please let us know how it goes with your complaint or if you have any questions. We wish you all the best!
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @manblue .....personally I wouldn't concern yourself with complaining about the assessor - use your time more fruitfully...

In my case I asked Capita to look again at my assessment, and listen to a recording. After a review they concluded that the assessment was "clinically sound".

When I got a copy of the re-assessment from DWP I had gone from 8 points to 14 points for daily living, and from 4 points to 22 points for mobility!

If you look at some of @ilovecats posts you'll see that there are many explanations for such poor assessments, other than 'lies'. In my case I think that the assessor was new (she was only doing two assessments per day) and she wasn't very patient (I struggling with recalling even simple facts, and this wound her up I think)

Rejoice, and luxuriate in your new award!
  • Manblue
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I do agree with you but for the sake of other people the more who complain about what lies are said will eventually fall on the right ears, hence the new rule I found out about from a dwp worker where now if u score high point previously and then now low or no point on most cases there has to be a reason for this and that is the assessor are not doing assessment in the right way, no one should have to suffer and people who win mandatory should not stop there complent because there's got over turned. imagine it didn't how you would feel like I did for the past 8 weeks, for that reason my complaint will be going threw!! 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @manblue...I felt the same, and I did hope that I might be help others that were following on behind me, but I came to the conclusion that I was banging my head against the wall and it was time to stop. 

Anyone who replies to my letter, via my MP, stating that my assessment was "clinically sound" when the review recommends that  every descriptor except two should be changed (these two were ones on which we agreed I score 0 points) is clearly very confident that they could say whatever they want without consequence. 

Sadly they're right.....
  • Manblue
    Options
    I fully understand what's you are saying, it's just I feel if we stick together regardless of our own result eventually God willing some day things will change. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Manblue said:
    I thought after reading reviews for the past few weeks on pip mandatory decision I would let use know what just happened to me. Now I was on pip standard mobility and enhanced care, I lost my pip because of the assessor false report absolutely lied on everything and I was award 2 point on care nothing else.                                                         So I started my mandatory in December and sent more evidence to prove the assessor report, well this week use will be glad to know a new ruling has come in at dwp where anyone who has gone from high rate to low or know point has to be looked at different as this says something is wrong on assessment. This happened this week and from having no points I got enhanced mobility and standard care which am please with so people now with this new ruling which has come in it will help your cases it's disgusting what these assessor have and still are doing but now there is light at the end of the tunnel. (all the best of luck) 

New ruling - I doubt it. You may well have proved your case at the MR stage and that is why you had a better decision.

If you could give us a link to what or where this new ruling is then we can look at it in more detail.
    Every review/renewal is treated as a new claim with no reference to what had been previously awarded.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.