I’ve been waiting over a year for my ESA tribunal, is this normal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’ve been waiting over a year for my ESA tribunal, is this normal?

Options
Tracie38
Tracie38 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all I’ve been waiting over a year for my ESA tribunal, is this normal, work have terminated my contract and now the Esa want to know what they gave me as payment when I left, feel like this is all going round in a vicious circle, my doctor says I’m too ill to work ESA seemed me fit, 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello  @Tracie38   Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear that you are waiting for tribunal date. I know this is difficult to deal with. We are here to support you.  Give you advice.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

Please ask if we can help and advise some one will know from our community or a member of our team..

Please keep in touch. If and when you get the tribunal date.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Backlogs for Tribunals are huge and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. You count from the time the Tribunal accepted your appeal. Give HMCTS a ring and ask how much longer you'll have to wait, they'll tell you approximately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paul93
    paul93 Community member Posts: 69 Connected
    Options
    Hello 
    I am getting PIP standard rate and Mobility standard rate as i went to tribunal now in December 2018 they assessed me twice for ESA and today i received the derision and they gave me 0 points ever where and they stopped me paying from 7th Feb 2019 the nurse who assessed me she is a full of lies and i cant understand about my situation,I had a heart attack i am diabetic i have arthritis on my neck i have acidity problem i have bladder problem i have Prostate Cancer i have problem in my spin and my MRI show a decree of canal stenosis and i have a metal health issue so they have stopped my money what shall i do and how i can survive please help me
    Its a 110% lie from the assessor
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @paul93   Thank you for sharing  sorry what has happened. First you need to appeal and have a look at our website for information, advice.

Gives you some idea how to proceed, I would suggest speak to CAB for further information and advice.

Something to consider is to speak to your local MP . That may be useful as many of our community have done so.

They are interested in results of decisions.

We are here to answer any questions you may have. Be supportive.

Always here to listen.  

Please ask if we as community can advise further.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.