Lumbar spinal stenosis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lumbar spinal stenosis

junesie
junesie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi everyone, I’m new here and looking for some advice. I’ve been diagnosed with lumbar stenosis a few years ago now. Things are deteriorating and I’m wondering about applying for pip. Never been down this route before, and very naive about where to start. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. June

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello@junesie, PIP is as you will know is a benefit to help you manage your daily living activities and mobility issues, to be able to,qualify for a PIP award you must not be able to perform the PIP descriptors safely, repeatedly and in a timely manner, by doing a self test you will see how you would fair should you decide to claim the benefit. You will have a face to face acessment where the acessor will go through the descriptors questioning you about the answers you submitted in your application from and the reasons you gave for not being able to do the descriptor being asked. Should you feel applying for PIP give ae much information about what happens or happened when you preform each of the descriptors. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    junesie said:
    hi everyone, I’m new here and looking for some advice. I’ve been diagnosed with lumbar stenosis a few years ago now. Things are deteriorating and I’m wondering about applying for pip. Never been down this route before, and very naive about where to start. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. June
    What is the impact on your life because of the condition? Which PIP descriptors would you expect to fit with that impact? 
  • junesie
    junesie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you Wilko and Yadnad, very helpful indeed. J. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.