Esa to uc — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa to uc

daniellelucy
daniellelucy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Me and husband got moved over to uc from esa when his ni contributions ran out in August, payments for uc started in September. Prior to being on uc he was in wrag on esa.
Recently received health assesment forms which I returned and have had a decision without having to go for f2f, he has been awarded the extra £328 a month and they have said a letter will be sent regarding anything they owe that will be back dated.
Just wondering if the 4 month waiting period will apply as he was receiving esa befor we were moved over to uc with no change in our circumstances?
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Hi,

When he started his claim for UC did he send in fit/sick notes or was he given LCW (WRAG) for UC? and then he was re-assessed?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • daniellelucy
    The first sick note he gave them was for 3 months july to October, uc claim started August, he was in wrag before uc claim was started
  • poppy123456
    I believe £328 will be paid from the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • daniellelucy
    So the 4 month waiting period would not apply?
  • poppy123456
    As he was previously in the WRAG and he was assessed after he claimed UC then no the 4 month wait doesn't apply. It will be from the date of the decision.
  • daniellelucy
    Will that be the date they sent us letter saying he has been awarded? Sorry not sure as we were claiming was before and only moved over to uc as his ni contributions ran out for cb esa
  • poppy123456
    Most like around that time yes. The decision letter should tell you everything you need to know. Or look on the online journal as information should also be on there.
  • daniellelucy
    Thanks, nothing showing on journal yet will keep an eye on it

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.