Pip assesment questions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment questions

Options
dolly03
dolly03 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hi 

Had the dreaded pip assessment for my daughter today. I answered most of her questions being her appointee and she sometimes joined in with questions asked. 

Some questions I don’t quiet understand what it has to do with the descriptors. At the end the lady asked my daughter some questions about subtracting, spelling a word backwards and repeating 3 things she had asked her to remember. Some questions she got right and 2 she got wrong. Just wondered if anyone knew what that means and why they do this? 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Theology and welcome, they are memory tests and your daughters abilities to comprehend basic maths ect. I was asked if given one pound in money and spent eighty pence how much change would I have. 
  • dolly03
    dolly03 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Hi Wilko, thanks for the reply. She was asked to remember 3 objects. Then take 75p from £1which she got right.  Asked the three objects again she remebered 2 of them. Then spell the word world backwards. She got that right Then take 7 away from 100 and kept  asking her to take another 7 away until she got it wrong. I was pleased she got most of it right but then wondered if that goes against her. You never know what they are looking for. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The acessor might conclude that your daughter can manage her own budgets and financial decisions, just a thought . Ring up the DWP on Monday and request a copy of your acessment report on receiving it you can work out what your award may, should be but you still have to wait for the official award letter notification. If you are not happy with the report findings you will have time to prepare a MR giving several examples on the descriptors that you are contesting, but you cannot lodge an MR until you have received the award notification letter. Then you will have thirty days to phone and write your request for an MR.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.