ESA stopped, now have to claim universal credit

jackie18 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Been for medical for esa.wat a disgrace tbh.was asked wen I had a Tia told the assor n wat meds r u on told her then she asked bout my diabetes to my horror she asks can't u come off ur meds for diabetes cos it seems a lot.told her eh no I'm a high risk for stroke n heart attack .Got letter threw other day on it she's wrote highly unlikely of Tia n highly unlikely of diabetes I thot omg wat is wrong in this system .to me they don't give a **** bout all money stopped have to claim for universal credit .don't know wat the heck to do I have girl with mental health issues 


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,377 Championing
    edited February 2019
    Hello @jackie18   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

    Sorry what has happened. Understand right now how difficult this is for you.

    Many members are going through the same experiences and be in touch hopefully to offer their advice and support.

    Please can I add we have a lot of information on appeals and the decisions that you need to take.  On our website.

    I would advise also speak to CAB for additional support and advice. They can help with any appeals process.

    Please can I ask are you receiving any support for your mental health.? If you are have you spoken to your support you are receiving.?

    They can often help with any thing benefits and assist you.

    Please ask if we can advise further.

    Understand if you need help with your mental health please ask.

    Please take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,790 Championing
    Hi @jackie18, and a warm welcome to the community!

    That sounds like a really frustrating assessment, and I'm so sorry to hear about your outcome. You've had some great advice above about appealing the decision. You may also be interested in making a complaint. You can find the DWP complains procedure here.

    How to complain

    If you’d like to complain any aspect of the service you’ve received, let the office you have been dealing with know as soon as possible. We’ll do our best to put things right.
    You can contact us by phone, in person or in writing. When you contact us, please tell us:
    • your National Insurance number – unless you are an employer
    • your full name, address and contact numbers
    • which benefit you are complaining about
    • what happened, when it happened and how it affected you
    • what you want to happen to put things right
    Use the contact details at the top of any recent letters we’ve sent you or use the Who to contact details below.
    If you live in Northern Ireland, go to the Department for Communities website for more information.