Pip back dated — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip back dated

simon_cut Member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi I had my pip stopped but won a appeal after 6 months about 3 weeks ago I have been told they back date the pip money but the person who looks after me also had the carer allowance stopped at the same time will that be back dated aswell ? The whole process has been tough and very stressful just hope it's coming to a end at last !! 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,508 Disability Gamechanger

    Both will be backdated to the date they stopped. The person that is your carer will need to apply for the carers allowance again but they need to wait until you receive the award letter from DWP.
  • michfinch
    michfinch Member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Yes, I can imagine. I had a Tribunal recently for ESA (even though I send through Fit Notes every 28 days, have to see my Dr every 14 days, see a Psycologist and am back on Talking Therapies for Depression and lifelong Epilepsy which has worsened). At the Tribunal the Judge and Dr both said I should claim PIP, which I’m also appealing. I’m being threatened now that my UC will stop if I don’t attend Work Focused interviews and my button to find work has now been pushed to high. All because a Nurse Practitioner (who asked me nothing about Epilepsy and Mental Health) says I am Fit for Work. I’ve told my Work Coach I’d like a Health Assessment with an Epilepsy trained Nurse not one who asks me to stand up, sit down, count backwards - you know the score! I never know when I am going to have an attack, I could be crossing the road. I used to be outgoing but since the increase in auras and fits due, mainly to stress, I only go out accompanied now. Good luck :-)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.