Confused! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused!

Options
booboo73
booboo73 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi all
I received the ESA3 IRB form and unsure about it all.
I get PIP both highest rates and Esa contribution rate ( please see attached breakdown [removed by moderator as personal details visible]) I live alone and have no partner and no savings and this has been since 2013 when the form is dated for me to fill in. My Dad is my carer but he can't claim carers allowance as his state pension is too high.
From what I have read I think I may be entitled to extra money..... does anyone know if i am and is it worth sending the form in? Any help would be most appreciated as I find the forms very stressful and anything involving the DWP scares the hell out of me  :confused:
Thank you xox
Sara
x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's always worth filling out the form and returning it. The Enhanced disability premium is automatically paid when claiming Income related. This premium is £16.40 per week from April 2018, less in previous years. The only way to know for sure if you're entitled to this will be for DWP to assess you once the form has been returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • booboo73
    Options
    Thank you Brian. Could you please habe a quick look at the attached letter and my circumstances and what I'm getting now and let me know if you think I fit the criteria for backpay and sdp. Sorry to be a pest but im in debt and this would be amazing if I got something back. 
    Thanks again x Sara x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It maybe possible yes but the only ones that can tell you for certain are DWP. It's definitely worth filling out and returning the form by the date in the letter. Decisions can take 12 weeks from the time they receive the form. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • booboo73
    Options
    Thank you Brian...great site I've stumbled upon  very friendly <3
    I will keep everything crossed xox

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.