disability income guarantee — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

disability income guarantee

Lyn7 Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, jst received DWP letter stating my D.I.G. of £16.80 per wk. will be stopping  Sept.this year when reaching my pension age.Does pension replace ESA when time arrives? 


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to apply for your state pension
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Member Posts: 87 Courageous
    Apply for you state pension at least no one bothers you any more with rotten rules and regulations or wca enjoy your retirement.
  • kel090
    kel090 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Does anyone know anything about pip
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,546 Disability Gamechanger
    kel090 said:
    Does anyone know anything about pip
    What would you like to know, can you give us some more information?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    You may be eligible for PIP if you’re under State Pension age (and over 16) and need help with daily living activities or getting around, or both. If you’re awarded PIP before you’re of State Pension age, you’ll continue to receive it after too. You can still make a claim if you’re working.

    You might like to call the Age UK advice line to get more information

    Age UK Advice Line

    0800 678 1602

    Senior online community officer
  • Lyn7
    Lyn7 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanx 4 this info. Av never claimed Pip b4, gt numerous illnesses & pending ops etc, so al try that number 4 Age uk Advice line u kindly mentioned, so thankyou 4 that & al let u know how I gt on, ok ? 
    Thanx agzin, ?


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.