Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
what help and benefits may I be entitled to
hi my name is DI and I have an hiatus hernia approx 3cm and am on 120mg of antidepressants and have just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my hands shoulders and back and lower limbs. I am a carer for my disabled husband and am finding it harder to tend to his needs as he has a back injury witch means i have to help him dress help him to get up and down and wash ect I was wondering whether I would be entitled to claim pip to get extra help for both our needs as I get tired quickly and my joints become painful and I have trouble walking without pain and it is now a struggle to cope. many thanks Di
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.