Kent home choice — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Kent home choice

clare_1 Member Posts: 123 Pioneering
Hi all.
I am in need of some advice if anyone could help it would be great.
Me and my paterner have been on the list since 2016 my band has been change to band C. We have just recent got my doctor to fill out a Kent agency's assessment form out and the dission has came back that I'm in correct band and wont be changed. I dont know what to do next.
They have sent me a letter to say bid on ground floor, shower but then they send me emails saying properties been added second floor no lift and bath, that I'm not allowed to bid on. I have wrote letter, email and spoken to people on the phone explaining the problem and they say I'll put a note on the system but it doesn't seem like I'm being listened to.
Dose anyone have any advice because I'm struggling so much


  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @clare_1

    Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear you have not felt heard.  When is the last time you have been in touch with them and have you been in touch with your housing association or local authority? They may still be in the process of contacting you soon. 

    Please keep us updated and hopefully some of our members can support you with this.
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    Hello thank you for a reply. 
    I sent letter/phone calls regarding the issue last year and the Kent agency assessment form was sent last week and heard back by email today.
    I just dont know what to do anymore, my parents want us out of the their house and I'm worried we going to be on the streets, my mum isn't in good health, we only have a bath where we live and we living in a room up stairs.
    I have explained all this to them and they said my mums health wont come into it because she not the one wanting to move. But they dont get that its causing arguments every day and I'm basically in my room 24/7 with limited access to bathroom/kitchen l, stairs I'm struggling with and a bath also struggling with.
    Any other advice on what els I can do would be a great help

  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    You may need to contact social services occupational health for an acessment and they may, will get things moving in the direction you would like.
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    I haven't thought of that option thank you for your suggestion. 
    I understand people are in much worse health than me I just dont understand when the council say you can only bid on ground floor with shower and then they say why you only bidding on lower levels that's more appealing to older people act. 
    Then you bid on higher floor that they email you and you get withdrawn.
    Just so frustrating how my doctor has wrote to them now and they still think its acceptable living environment and that it's not impacting on my life. 
    Thank you once again for responce
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @clare_1

    Thank you for your reply. I see, hopefully getting touch with the social services may be helpful. 

    I'm sorry this has been frustrating for you, but please do keep us updated and hopefully more of members will be able to support you with this :)
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    Thank you Antonia_Scope for you reply.
    I will keep you all informed of the outcome, just need to find the number and get partner to ring as I have trouble speaking.
    I like to think everything anybody write on here helps others, it's such a good site and it makes you feel your listened to and not so lonely.
    So thank you both for replays ?


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.