Hello

werock
werock Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I’m totally new to forums so be gentle with me! I’m 48, married and mum to an 8 year old boy. I live near Glasgow and was a nurse for 20 years.
Long story short, 2 years ago I had encephalitis and having lived to tell the tale, scarring on the brain caused lots of cognitive problems and severe epilepsy. 
My life, the lives of my husband and son and my view of myself has been turned upside down. You guys probably know all about how that feels, or something like it.
That’s why I’m here.
I’m still compelled to empathise, sympathise and if I’m able, to help others. Until now, how I could best do that was a complete mystery to me and I’ve been struggling to find my purpose in life.
My husband suggested getting involved in a forum but after having looked around various sites nothing clicked and I’m so very, very slow with my reading and writing difficulties. 
However, I randomly found you guys and well, I think you’ll be patient with me. I have loads to say, loads I want to share, loads (I hope) I could contribute.
So that’s me started. I’m here. Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read about me.

Comments

• clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 125 Empowering
    Hello and welcome 
    Thank you for sharing your story about yourself.
    It was nice to read about what you have been through and I think it's great you have came here and tell us all.
     I dont know much about encephalitis but in sure someone on here may know and be able to know exactly what you went and going through.
    I'm not the best at spelling or writing but I haven't seen any bad vibes on this site, everyone is very supportive and helpful. 
    It's good you have lots to say and I'm sure you will be able to help lots of people and maybe even find some more help yourself 
  • werock
    Thank you Clare_1. You go down in my personal history book as my first forum reply!
    A lovely start, I appreciate it.
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 125 Empowering
     ? 
    Your very welcome
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,879 Championing
    Hi @werock welcome to the community! Looking forward to seeing you around the community! :)
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 163 Empowering

Hi @werock

A very warm welcome to the community!

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

The community is a supportive and friendly space where members are always here for a chat.

If we can help you with anything specific, let us know.

Take care

• werock
    Thank you @Adam_Scope , thank you @Ami2301, feels good to be here.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,604 Championing
    Hi @werock
    Welcome to the community :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,121 Championing
    Hi @werock

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today!!!!!!

Please please let me know if you have any problems/questions???

@steve51