Universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Universal credit

anneliese Member Posts: 14 Listener
hello I had my medical last week and was advised to ask for my medical report I have just received that this morning and it says I have met the criteria for limited capability for work and work related activity the available evidence suggest review in the medium term. I've rang and it is still with decision maker but going by the report donstand right in thinking I will pass 


    FIONADT Member Posts: 17 Connected
    must be a relief for you.
  • anneliese
    anneliese Member Posts: 14 Listener
    It is and it isn't I don't want to get my hopes up incase the decision maker can go against it 
  • Roddy
    Roddy Member Posts: 404 Pioneering
    These are worrying times for most. These so-called 'decision makers' are like street planners that have never visited the roads that they decide to alter. I showed my Universal Credit team, a letter of confirmation from ESA DWP that I was incapable of any work and have been awarded the enhanced rate, on top of PIP also. Even then, it took 5 months for them to acknowledge it or for me to receive ANY ESA payments. Sure, I got it backdated, but that was of no help to me at all for the 5 months of going without. It's disgraceful, immoral, inexcusable  and indefensible. 
    FIONADT Member Posts: 17 Connected
    its designed to put people off claiming. thatcher is to blame really as so many in the 80's were moved to incapacity benefit to make the unemployed figures  look better.now  we are all classed as scroungers.I got knocked back fora job today because i'm honest about my health i'm also too old. What's worse their is no understanding from my  two sisters who are very well off


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.