Hi I am Kate — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I am Kate

Options
Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kate and I am an advisor on the new navigate service, here is the link for you all to have a quick look www.scope.org.uk/navigate . 
We are a new service for parents of children who have a disability or impairment- we offer support for those early months of diagnosis. This is a particularly overwhelming time for parents, sometimes even a relief to know that the things you thought were right. 
I was in this position 18 years ago. My eldest daughter Eve is now 18 and has cerebral palsy (spastic diplegia) and epilepsy. She is a full-time wheelchair user and the light of my life- she is funny and cheeky and doing so very well in mainstream college. 
Those early years are full of questions and your emotional wellbeing can take a bit of a battering (well that's how it was for me, I understand not all feel this way) 
From a parents point of view, this service has been needed for many many years and Scope have realised this and have now put the plan into action. 
We can offer six sessions of support to the parent or carer. This is somewhere you can talk openly about your feelings and not be judged- you can say all the things that are bothering you and get out your thoughts and feelings- no feeling, emotion or question is wrong at this time in your life. We can guide you in practical things and emotionally. 
I have truly been where you are and we all here at navigate want to support you through this time. 
I look forward to supporting parents who are where I was all those years ago. 

Share to as many networks you have - the louder we shout the more parents will know this service is available to them. 

Kate 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.