Retirement

Options
northendchamps
northendchamps Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello

I retire in November 2020.and I am trying to work out my finances from that date. 

As background information I have no private pension and I qualify for the full state pension. 

At present I am in.receipt of Contibition based esa and I am in. the group for those who are deemed unfit to carry out any work. In addition to ESA I also receive DLA Mobility element at the higher rate and the Care element at the middle. rate. Do I lose all these benefits when I retire. Also as is apparent from the information I have not yet been reassessed under PIP nor have I been.movex onto Universal credit. When can I expect. to be moved  onto PIP and universal credit. If when I reach retirement age I.have still not been assessed for PIP or UC what happems
Thank you 

Peter Vickers 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,310 Championing
    Options
    Hi,

When you reach state pension age your ESA will stop and you'll receive your state pension because ESA is a working age benefit. UC doesn't apply either because it's a working age benefit.

As you were under 65 on 8th April 2013 then you will eventually be invited to apply for PIP. There's still a lot of people waiting to be invited to apply. Once you are assessed for PIP, if you're successfully awarded then it will continue for as long as your qualify.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,778 Championing
    Options
    Hi @northendchamps, and a warm welcome to the community!

I hope the above guidance from Poppy is helpful. If we can be of any further assistance, do let us know.