If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Personal Independence Payment

HarryScott1994HarryScott1994 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone can help me please?
On the 24th December I had my PIP assessment, after being told by the DWP I couldn't have a home visit due not being physically disabled. The assessor lied about what I did in the interview. On the 11th January, decision received I scores 0 points. Applied for a MR and scored 2 points. After believing they ignored evidence, I asked to speak to a case manager who contacted me today, she said during the MR process all information they use has to be based around the time the assessment was, so evidence talking about things after that they can't and won't use, they are aware we appealed but also said during the appeal process they will look at everything around the time of the assessment and if anything has changed since then, the decision is based on what was available/known at the time of the assessment and if there is a change of circumstances like illness gets worse, more specialist are involved then we have to start a completely new claim. Is this true?
Thank you so much.


  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger

    Yes, only your condition at the time of assessment can be considered. If you have an award in payment then you can only ask for a change in circumstance if your condition worstenes. If you have no award in payment then you can make a new claim as there is no waiting time. Unless you have new evidence then you can expect the same result
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HarryScott1994, and a warm welcome to the community! 

    So sorry to hear about your assessment experience, and glad to see you've had some guidance from CR above. Please do keep us updated and let us know what you decide to do, and our members will advise where they can.
Sign in or join us to comment.