ESA assessment and lost PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA assessment and lost PIP

nicegen1
nicegen1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
last year i had an esa assessment and w as awarded lower rate again for the 6th year in a row, using the same medical evidence and history of my 21 tablets i take daily i was to attend a pip assessment 4 months later, the "healthcare proffessional" who assessed me typed merrily away and before i knew it the assessment  was over, my pip was taken away from me ? same ****** doctors notes and mental health notes and i failed by 2 points, whats going on ? let me tell you when i recieved the typed version of my assessment, at least 5 answers were different to what i answered too? blatant lying, i appealed and lost, i asked for a review and lost now im waiting to go be heard in court, why is a profit making company like Atos carrying out these tests, PROFIT , i am now struggling to survive as my esa has now been halved, my bedroom tax payments and council tax have gone up as pip is parachute benefit ,i,m am now affected in all ways, i want to sue Atos for breach of contract but i do,n,t know how? anybody help   i have attempted suicide and my children are distressed at the state of my mental health, regards Jamie

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @nicegen1

Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing this us. I am sorry to hear about the outcome of your assessments. Some of our members may be able to help you with your question soon. Have you been in touch with your local CAB for support?

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

Best wishes.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicegen1, just wanted to say another warm welcome to the community and add my sympathies for what you've been through. It sounds as though you've had a lot of frustrating experiences and I'm so sorry things are tough at the moment. If you are having thoughts of suicide, please do see the advice above and discuss them with someone who is qualified to help.

Are you appealing the decision? If so, we have some brilliant community members who do their best to advise, so please do keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions. You may also like to look on the Advicelocal website to see if there are any welfare services near you who could help.
  • nicegen1
    nicegen1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thank you for your words of comfort, im on my last appeal theres a nine month waiting period for the earliest appointment, i dont know if i wait that long, my savings are gone and i cannot survive on the money i get, im very frustrated but i have promised  my children i will try hard to survive this, ive lost all my energy and fighting, i feel im in a daze, and i cannot keep my spirit up, why is the system so hard, im not able to claim jobseekers, as i cannot stay on my feet for longer than ten mins or so at a time, why cant they leave the disabled alone?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm truly sorry things are tough @nicegen1. Unfortunately, I'm sure many of our community members will be able to empathise too. You're doing the best thing you can by challenging the decision.

I know it's not a solution, but there's some great guidance on help with bills on the Citizens Advice website, and where you might be able to find further support with money and debt. There are also some income support grants listed on the MSE website. Do have a read, and I hope you find something that can help you for the time being. In the meantime, our members are here to listed, so do feel free to keep us updated.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.