Myelitis and MS - need advice living with a disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Myelitis and MS - need advice living with a disability

Options
WilmaKnickersfit
WilmaKnickersfit Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I was diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in 2015 and then later MS. I started with a walking stick and graduated to a walker.  My mobility is getting worse and I'm waiting for spinal surgery, so I was just thinking about getting a mobility scooter. I've just had a letter from DVLA telling me that my driving licence has been revoked because I have an eyesight problem that's not under control and I know this can't be resolved quickly, so I'm definitely looking for a scooter now.

I'm used to being independent (although my husband is a fantastic support), but now I'm starting to need more advice on living with a disability, so that's what brought me here!

Wilma  :)

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.