DWP: I was cut off financially — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP: I was cut off financially

Options
Jason1970
Jason1970 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello.
New to this site.
I'm in quite a pickle , thanks to the DWP and their ' healthcare professionals ' none of which I suspect have any medical qualifications or training.
Going to the food bank today for the first time , I was cut off financially on February 5th , can't pay bills , everything from the dwp to the council on the face of it seems to be designed to deliberately obstruct , frustrate , avoid.
I'm on my last leg to be honest , I have a couple of conditions , medically confirmed , I've tried to get help with the mental aspect , hugely exasperated by the treatment and especially the lies from the DWP assessment ,something I will never forget nor forgive ,Turned away or diverted by the Samaritans , havering mind and the CAB.r

Where do people like myself go to get help with , well , everything and not to end up homeless , destitute , dead?

Comments

• Jason1970
    Options
    I'm diagnosed with Chronic pain syndrome and psycosocial distress , 6 years I've been living with it , hanging on by a thread for the last 3 and now absolute rock bottom.
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    Options

Hello @Jason1970

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

We are sorry to read your post and of your experience with the Samaritans and other organisations that you state you have turned to for help.

Our community advice if you are having thoughts of suicide is to advise of the importance to discuss your thoughts with someone who is qualified to help. You have clearly contacted the Samaritans and would recommend that you try contacting them again on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Sincerely,

Debbie

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Jason1970

Welcome to the community, thank you for sharing this with us,

I am sorry to hear about this. Have you tried to appeal this decision? Please have look at our Appealing a DWP benefits decision if you decide to appeal. Some of our members may suggest some other options for you soon.

You may want to visit your GP and see if they can recommend a service suitable for you. We have some discussions that you can join; dealing with chronic pain and mental health issues

As @Deb_Scope as mentioned if you need immediate help please contact the following contact details.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions.

• Jason1970
    Options
    I have appealed against the decision , provided as much medical evidence as possible , I am waiting to see a psychologist from the pain management team before I embark on the multidisciplinary pain management program.

I just don't know how to survive financially as I have absolutely nothing.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Were you claiming ESA and found fit for work? Do you claim housing benefit? Do you claim PIP or DLA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Jason1970 Thank you for sharing with the community.

I can feel your frustration and know there has to be some answers out there for yourself.

I had similar experiences with the benefit system and it is finding doors closed.

All I know we as community are here to offer and be supportive.

You mentioned your mental health I know spent so much time to find the solutions.

After so many times with Council or NHS funded treatment.

Eventually I found this mental health charity that helped me. Please if that helps you give them a look on their website..

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

They offer many ways to deal with your problems and issues.  Also help with welfare and benefits. Signpost you any relevant information and advice.

Hope that helps you.

Please if you need to talk or ask anything please contact the community.

All of us are concerned and care are friendly.  You are a valued member of our community.

The team have given you some guidance if you feel unsafe.

Keep in touch we are here to listen.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    This regime is intended to cause as much hardship and suffering as possible. By stopping benefit, people will starve and end up homeless, some will freeze to death on the streets and many more take their own lives. 

If I say this was a system designed by fascists to kill people, even though there is evidence to support that fact, this post will be moderated. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.