Carer for my autistic child.- building knowledge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carer for my autistic child.- building knowledge

Options
CACM
CACM Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone
I suffer from Fibromyalgia and I am also a carer for my autistic child. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge 

Comments

• Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Options

Good morning @CACM

Welcome to the community, 

I think you would find our Invisible impairments and  Autism. discussions of interest.  Feel free to contribute as much as you like 

We also have plenty of content in our 'Advice and Support section.

Let us know if you have questions
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi @CACM

Welcome to the community!

My name is Emma and I am a Parent Adviser for the Scope Navigate service.  Navigate is a brand new service that provides a six week programme of online and telephone support to parents who have a child going through diagnosis or have a child who has recently been diagnosed with a disability (within 12 months). The aim is to provide parents with emotional and practical support that will help them build resilience as they start on their journey as a parent of a child with a disability or impairment. 

I wondered if this may be of interest to you.  Please visit https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate or call 0808 801 0510

Best Wishes.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @CACM
    You might like to have a look at the National Autistic Society and the Fibromyalgia Association websites that give a lot of information and support. If you have any specific questions do let us know and I hope one of us can help :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.