PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP and working tax credit

amyfibroamyfibro Member Posts: 11 Listener
I have been awarded Pip, will this have an affect on my working famillies tax credit. Im unable to work but my husband works 40 hours a week. Also do i get an extra premium added to the tax credits. We get working and child tax credit at the moment. Thanks for all your help in getting my Pip x

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Child tax credits isn't affect because that's for your children. You won't be able to claim the disabled element of working tax credit unless you work at least 16 hours yourself.

For your husband to be able to claim the severe disability element of working tax credits on your behalf then you will need to be claiming Enhanced daily living PIP, if you don't claim this then he won't be able to claim.

See link and scroll down to severe disability element.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • amyfibroamyfibro Member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi thank you so much for your reply. I get enhanced daily living and mobility. My husband will also claim carers allowance for me so will he be able to claim the severe disability element? Sorry im getting so confused with all the benefit system.
Sign in or join us to comment.