Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
3 year old daughter with suspected high functioning Autism (Asperger's)
We have a 3 year old daughter with suspected high functioning Autism (Asperger's) that we have been trying to get her assessed from when she was 2 and have been declined each time through NHS. We also suspect my husband is Asperger's too although remains undiagnosed and definitely shows 'typical' signs and characteristics when we reflect back over the years. Our daughter has great difficulty controlling her emotions and often I find it hard to take her to places/groups and other activities due to her having a meltdown when it's time to say goodbye and leave. She is a bright and intelligent little girl who is capable of reading words and numbers. We are hoping to build friendships with others in similar situations and to seek advice as well.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.