Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS)
Iv been having tests at the hospital and I’ve been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis disease witch causes inflammation of the spine unfortunately because it hasn’t been picked up for so long there isn’t a cure but I have been put on a course of steroid injections to try and help with the pain and other symptoms unfortunately my gp didn’t pick it up it was the doctor in rheumatology that told me and even the student present in the room new I had it as well
Went to the hospital to see the physiotherapist and got to look at my X-rays and wow from the top of my spine to the shoulder blades my vertebrae are fused together and I’ve got problems with my hip joints that’s been there for a long time.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.