Universal Credit advise — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Universal Credit advise

Zoe1992 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi im looking for some advice. I have been on universal credit for a few months now. My doctor signed me off work in December as I have a heart condition that was getting worse and I need lots of rest and I'm currently waiting heart surgery. I went for a medical assessment threw uc and they have said that I'm fine to do some work. They have told me that I don't need to send in fit notes to them so basically they have said I'm fine regardless of what my doctors have said and seeing all my medical evidence. Are they allowed to over look fit notes from a doctor. It clearly says not fit to work. I have put in a reconsideration complaint. The woman I spoke to about it was lovely and so helpful. I struggle with my condition on a daily basis. It stops me doing what I need to do. I am shocked with there decision regarding my heart condition. 




Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.