Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi all, I have been in the support group on ESA since late 2012/13 and was also getting the severe disability premium as I get standard rates of both elements for PIP, and had an assessment at the end of November in which the decision was made to stop my ESA payments. I was last paid on the 18th of January 2019. I submitted a mandatory reconsideration and the decision was not revised so I have now submitted an appeal and once that is live I can be paid the basic rate of ESA at £73.10 per week. I will be getting fit notes backdated to the 17th of January when the decision was made and I know then that my SDP can be backdated, but my question is, can I also ask for ESA payments to be backdated to cover the Mandatory Reconsideration period, albeit at the basic rate? Also, as it was income based that I was getting, would the basic rate be classed as income based once I am getting that?
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.