Saying Hi to Other Scope Members — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Saying Hi to Other Scope Members

Sharan60
Sharan60 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I'm new to Scope so would be nice to chat with others in similar situation I have O/arthritis and Fibromaygia and ongoing back pain,and few other health,mobility issues but I want to make the Most of my life by enjoying it as much as possible as life is too short not to and be great chat with like minded people.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sharan60
    Welcome to the community, we have lots of members with Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis so try and connect with them, we are a friendly group so jump in and get involved :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sharan60
    Hello it would be Lovely to hear from others with similar or same health conditions,but also to chat in general as I often like think there is so much more to me than health issues and although they do impact of every aspect of my life I know only too well there are a lot of other people with worse health conditions and so I count myself as very lucky as I can drive which is my life line and enables me to see family and friends which is very important and keeps me as independant as I possibly can be so be nice to hear how others manage their own long term chronic pain too and what hobbies they enjoy etc.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sharan60 welcome to the community! What hobbies do you have? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sharan60
    Hi Ami2301 it's Lovely to hear from you my hobbies are reading,writing to pen friend love Motown and soul music,eating out,cinema meeting friends for lunch and or coffee and pool to do exercises but it's a massive effort to push myself.I wondered what are your Hobbies?X
  • Ami2301
    I love photography and writing ?
  • Sharan60
    Hi Ami sorry for delay I'm still new to this and only now seen your reply,I enjoy cinema and swimming eating out meeting up with friends for lunch or and coffee I live just mins from the sea which I love and would not want to live any where else I'm a driver too so that gives me my independace which is so very important I'm hoping to hear from you soon.X
  • Ami2301
    What sort of films do you like? :)
  • Sharan60
    Hello Ami awwww I like True Life Films definitely not love stories as I'm more True Life or film like The Green Mile with Tom Hanks and Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over Tne Cuckonest and Alcatraz also like Grease too what about you? Do you do any Hobbies? I do like going pool and doing my hydro pool exercises but it's some times a effort but I'm always glad when I'm there and in the warm water does make exercising much easier.Its lovely to be in touch and hope we can keep InTouchX

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.