Assessor terminated my assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor terminated my assessment

beccamamma
beccamamma Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, 

I had my pip face to face today for my review. 

I have a range of physical and mental health conditions and i became severly distressed during my assessment. The assessor said she felt i wasn't well enough to continue. I had a full blown anxiety abd hyperventaliation attack and i remember nothing after that but my husband said tge assessor was going to try and do it purely paper based? Has anyone had an assessment stopped and / or a paper based assessment if so, what was the outcome of your pip award please? 

Thank you. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beccamamma
    Welcome to the community and I am so sorry to hear you had such a difficult time at your PIP review. It says on the gov website:
    HPs should carry out assessments using a paper-based review in cases where they believe there is sufficient evidence in the claim file, including supporting evidence, to provide robust advice to the DWP on how the assessment criteria relate to the claimant. It is vital all advice is sufficiently evidenced.

You can still ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you after a paper based review.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi beccamamma,

I'm also sorry to hear about the difficulties you had at the PIP assessment.

As Sam has pointed out, the HP will hopefully do a paper based assessment now. If there is any additional written information, eg medical reports, that would be helpful to your claim I would send them in to the DWP and ask them to be taken into account when they make their decision.

Remember you can challenge negative decisions (see https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/appeal-dwp-benefits-decision) but I think for now I would wait to see what the decision is.

Regards,

Michael

The Benefits Training Co:

• mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    I had one (ESA) I was in there for 10 minutes and she said you can go home now darling I’ve got enough info here you shouldn’t have been called here and I was put in ESA Support Group a few weeks later. Think she could look at the fact I’m 17 and can’t walk bowel problems and many others. If a disability is visual they should just send you home in my opinion 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.