Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Speech problems after ACM2 Syringomyelia and Hind Brain Hernia
Hey guys after some advice 28yrs ago my mother was diagnosed with ACM2 Syringomyelia and Hind Brain hernia she had decompression surgery at the time but over the last few months we have noticed problems with her speech where she can sound drunk. Working in the Medical Field I am struggling to find any advice as to whether this is normal or if I need to be ringing the Neurology team at our local hospital. Anyone else had similar issues with a fellow sufferer?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.