I have fibromyalgia and severe ME, gets pretty lonely — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have fibromyalgia and severe ME, gets pretty lonely

jaynehalpin69
jaynehalpin69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm Jayne. I have fibromyalgia and severe ME.  I'm in a wheelchair but even though I have my husband and 2 kids are 14 and 25 I hardly go out. Lost friends due to my illness so it gets pretty lonely .

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jaynehalpin69 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this, I am sure many of our community members can relate and will be in touch soon to offer support. Let us know if you have any questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hello @jaynehalpin69
    Welcome to the community.
    Everyone on this site is so friendly and easy to talk to, so please dont feel alone.
    I understand about losing friends, I only have one left who still wants to be in my life. I lost them all when I fell I'll and my 8 year job let go of me come I'll health.
    I have a very supportive partner, that has to put up with alot. I have social anxiety among loads of other illnesses (that I wont bore you of lol), so I struggle to go out and only places I go is appointments, food shop and I force myself to go out to do something "fun" when I can.
    I'm sure many would agree that, even though you have supportive family/ friends you can still feel alone. 
    If you ever do feel like that just come on here and have a little rant and I'm sure someone will reply.
    Hope you have a good day
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @jaynehalpin69 welcome to the community :)
    Thank you for sharing this with us, a lot of our members can relate to you. How are you doing today?
    As the other members have mentioned, we are friendly and happy to support you where we can. Please let us know if you have any questions.
  • mamajayne69
    mamajayne69 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    edited March 2019
    Thank you @Antonia_Scope @clare_1 and @Ami2301 Thankyou for your kindness. I seem to have nothing but bad days atm.
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Your welcome.
    This dose happen with the bad days. What I try and do is look at the positives of things in your life, think of happy memories that make you smile and laugh.
    It may seem silly but I find it helps. A smile can do alot to your mood

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @mamajayne69 how are you doing today?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.