Will my partner be re-assessed? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my partner be re-assessed?

Rubysmith
Rubysmith Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My partner won a Tribunal hearing on the 28th Feb, this year, on the letter we received from the tribunal it says "In view of the degree of disability found by the Tribunal, and unless the regulations change, the Tribunal would recommend that the appellant is not re-assessed", does this mean that it's recommended he isn't re-assessed in the near future or at all? any ideas or comments would be very welcome, thank you so much for your help. It was such a stressful agonising phase to go through it would be a welcome relief if the latter were true, but think they always re-assess people...

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Rubysmith Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

I am unsure of an answer to your question. There will be members of our community or a member of our team who may be able to answer .

Have you spoken to CAB they may be able to advise further.

Please have a look around our website may be of help to answer any thing and to reassure you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rubysmith and welcome

Is this for ESA or PIP ?

You will need to wwait for the decision letter from DWP as it is the CM that usually determins the award length. It uaually takes DWP 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Rubysmith
    Rubysmith Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Sorry forgot to mention it’s for esa, thanks for your reply.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.